LEE COUNTY JUNIOR SHOW GENERAL RULES
1. The Illinois Department of Agriculture shall use its best efforts to secure sufficient appropriations to fund premiums. In any year for which the General Assembly of the State of Illinois fails to make an appropriation sufficient to pay such premiums, premium amounts may not be accurately reflected in this Premium Book.
2. Entries MUST be submitted online or in the Extension Office by July 1, 2018. Entries received after July 1 will be assessed a $2.00 late fee for each entry listed. No entries will be accepted after July 15, 2018. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. Do not reserve extra pens or stalls for tack, equipment or feed.
4. Premium checks will be handed out Sunday, July 29 after 4:30 p.m. in the Entertainment Tent. Exhibitors MUST sign their premium statement in order to receive their check.
5. Exhibitors must be 8 years of age but not yet 19 as of September 1, 2017.
6. Ownership dates are to be adhered to or an exhibit or exhibitor will be disqualified.
7. Livestock exhibitors must wear an exhibitor number while in the show ring. If you have two entries in one class, additional cards bearing your exhibitor number may requested at the Fair Office.
8. Rabbit exhibits must be in place by 10 p.m. on Wednesday, July 25. All other livestock and non-livestock exhibits must be in place by 11 a.m. on Thursday, July 26.
9. Health papers must be stamped by the fair vet in the Fair Office between 7 and 8 p.m. on Wednesday, July 25 or between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Thursday, July 26.
10. The Department Superintendents will check purebred registration papers. These papers (or copies) must remain on the grounds for the duration of the fair. Inability to produce purebred papers will cause entries to be placed in grade or market classes.
11. Stalls and pens must be cleaned by 9 a.m. each day and manure and bedding is to be loaded into spreaders. Pens are to be kept neat and clean throughout the day for the health and safety of fair animals and fair attendees.
12. All exhibitors are responsible for thoroughly cleaning out their pens and exhibit areas before leaving at the end of the fair.
13. Only livestock exhibitors are allowed to stay overnight in respective barns. All overnighters are required to sign in at the fair office each night with parent approval.
14. Any exhibits removed before the published release times (except as per #15) will forfeit their premiums.
15. If an animal is ill or uncontrollable, the owner must first inform the department superintendent, a Fair Association representative and the fair veterinarian and then move the animal to another location on the fairgrounds. If the owner wishes to remove the animal from the grounds, the written approval of the fair veterinarian, the department superintendent, the Fair Association President, Vice President or designee is required. Barring illness the animal is to be returned to the fairgrounds by 8 a.m. the following morning. If all of these procedures are not adhered to premiums will be forfeited.
16. The Lee County Fair Association reserves the right to remove any exhibitor or exhibit from the grounds.
17. No bicycles, skateboards or motorized scooters or vehicles (ATVs, UTVs, golf carts, etc.) may be driven or ridden on the grounds unless approved by the Lee Co. Fair Association. Submit your request to (815) 857-2603 or to email@example.com.
18. The Lee County Fair Association, its designated agents, and fair committees are not responsible for accidents, damage or theft of projects.
19. No person shall possess alcoholic liquor, illegal drugs or firearms upon entering the Lee County 4-H Center & Fairgrounds. For the safety of guests, all persons, vehicles, and belongings are subject to search at any time by the Lee County Fair Association or its designated agents. Any prohibitive items that are found are subject to seizure, discard or disposal. Persons who fail to comply with this policy are subject to removal from the premises and possible arrest and or prosecution. Admission may be refused at any time for any reason, subject to law.
NOTE: Jr. Show Fair Entries may be submitted online after May 15. Please check www.leecounty4hcenter.com for more information.